Youth Can Do IT - Digital Learning Day 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
Digital Learning Day was launched ten years ago by the Alliance for Excellent Education in the United States with the goal of celebrating innovative teachers and improving learning experiences and outcomes for children. Youth Can Do I.T. (YCDI) shares this vision and last year we hosted an event to commemorate Digital Learning Day in Jamaica.
Last year, on Saturday, February 29 2020, Youth Can Do I.T. (YCDI) in collaboration with Innovate 10x held Digital Learning Day (DLD) as a culmination to Digital Learning Week. YCDI held a week-long educational experience to increase students' exposure to increase students' exposure to and usage of technology with programming games, robotics and websites, and increase awareness of digital careers with a career discovery video series. On February 29th we held all day workshops at Innovate 10x for primary and high school children that allowed them to experience Scratch Programming, Web Development and Robotics.
This year, there will be four sessions, two in the morning and two in the afternoon. Sessions will hold a maximum of 25 students and be broken down by school level with morning and afternoon options provided for both primary and secondary school students.
- Learn how to build their own games using Scratch Programming
- Incorporate the sponsor's product in their games (with a winner to be chosen)
- Have their games published on the YCDI website
- Be provided with additional resources to continue their learning after DLD
- Gain access to the YCDI online community
3 hours 30 minutes
Morning Session - Grades 4 - 6Virtual Conference
Afternoon Session - Grades 7-9Virtual Conference
- Morning Session - Grades 4-6JMD 2,500JMD 2,5000JMD 0
- Afternoon Session - Grades 7-9JMD 2,500JMD 2,5000JMD 0